Reverse | Control | SLA | Swap
SMT is one of our reverse logistics systems that validates receipts of items sent to a logistics HUB or Repair Center and that subsequently triggers returns based on customer Service Level Agreements. The flexibility of SMT makes it perfectly suited to deal with local requirements whilst adhering to global strategy.
Swap Order Management
1. Receive open orders from Customer Order System (COS):
. – Import backlog orders from COS (i.e. customer still waiting for repaired unit).
2. Validate orders for swapping:
. – Will it arrive today? (COS Connectivity).
. – Has a liquid damage or customer damage been reported? (Repair Center connectivity).
. – Has a known repair delay been reported in advance? (Repair Center connectivity).
. – Has the unit (type) been blocked for swapping? (Masterdata).
. – Is it a refurbishment order, going back into stock? (Masterdata).
. – Check aging versus customer specific SLA (Masterdata).
. – Is the order present in the exception order process? (Multiple connectivity).
3. Check stock availability for approved swap orders:
. – Match Demand (orders) versus availability.
. – Prioritize current availability in case of shortage in availability.
. – Look for alternative model swap in case of shortage.
. – Look for Upgrade models in case of shortage.
. – Report stock shortages to central WHS if applicable.
4. Print pick labels for swap units:
. – Print labels as per picking sequence.
. – Customized label, based on order process and exception procedures.
5. Exception order processing / holding:
. – Ability to register orders besides the COS orders:
. – BER orders.
. – Swap Request from Support organizations (Interface Issue Tracker).
. – Status driven, where status determines the actual release process (Advanced Swap, wait for original unit, etc)…
. – Level Routing orders based on repair level.
1. Scan units in:
. – Units scanned in on serial number level, and type.
. – Several “Virtual”/”Physical” stock locations possible.
. – Ability to scan several types, such as BER, Sales Packs, engines etc.
. – Ability to assign owners/Bin location etc.
. – Ability to quarantine / Un-quarantine stock.
2. Scan units out:
. – Units scanned out on serial number level and reason for scan out.
. – Historic stock movements visible.
3. Administrate ME (=Accessory) / Parts Stock.
4. Perform Cycle Count.
End-Customer / Point-of-Sales Administration
1. Registration of serial number:
. – Receipt administration based on Zip-Code tables.
. – Administration and storage procedures for ME’s sent with the units (Covers, Batteries, Charger etc.)
. – COS connectivity procedure possible to interface to booked orders to COS.
. – Keep track of customer survey details.
2. Receipt of serial number back from repair center:
. – Administrate the receipt of unit back from repair.
. – Print specific Delivery Note back to shipping point.
. – Checks that ME’s are combined with the unit (if applicable).
. – Print address label.
3. Manage ME take-off / Put-on process.
Temporary ME Take-off/Put-on management
1. Registration and put-away of ME’s:
. – Registration of ME/Accessories and other items that came in with the unit.
. – Product-code based suggestion of ME’s to be taken off.
. – Allocation of storage location.
. – Printing of storage documentation.
2. Picking of ME’s:
. – ME storage location indication per returned serial number.
. – Recognizes serial numbers swapped at repair.
1. SMT has several reporting features:
. – The ability to export any data visible on the screens to either Excel or PDF format.
. – SMT has a wide variety of pre-defined reports available.
. – SMT is linked, via back-ground FTP connections, to the ReturnPool central datawarehouse.
Connectivity (COS, RP, Other)
1. SMT is fully connected with COS via XML connectivity for the following functions:
. – COS bookings.
. – COS responses of bookings.
. – Close Job requests.
. – Close Job responses.
2. Several times a day SMT transfers stock data to the ReturnPool datawarehouse.
3. Several interfaces currently are used for Support Organizations, COS, Repair Centers, HUB’s etc.
Country Specific HUB tooling
As country HUB’s tend to differ, SMT is developed in such a way, that per country functionalities can be added which have not (yet) been deployed for all countries:
- DAP/DOA Validation. Tool where DAP/DOA’s are received, and based on MD based Questions unit is accepted/rejected, and classified (DAP/DOA). The Customer standards are set per client, based on agreed rules. The DAP/DOA will be transferred to COS after successful booking.
- ME Handling. The HUB can identify per unit, which ME’s should be removed before sending unit to Repair Center, also the storage of the ME’s and label printing is part of this functionality.
- Penalty overview, for clients where penalties are received via interfacing.
- Nota Fiscal Handling to ensure systems are aligned for fiscal reasons.
- Close processes, where units are closed in COS, after a deadline, as then penalties will apply instead of swaps.
- Call of stock from external WHS, in case more than one stock points are used in a country.
Master Data Maintenance
As the strategy is to maintain only one SMT release, the system has been designed in such a way that almost no hard-coding is used. This is reflected in the fact that settings and Master Data in SMT will determine the behaviors. Following main masterdata tables are used in the tool:
- Shelf Management. Here the product codes are maintained and their related product families. For stock level reasons a concept of “operational units” is used, whereby N product codes are grouped into one family. Also the Alternative and the Upgrade Strategy is maintained here.
- SLA List. Here the SLA settings are maintained where SLA’s per customer, per product family, and per next repair destination can be set. There are also tables controlling ‘do not Swap’ settings, this based on for example client, symptom code, carrier and warranty type.
- Product Code List. In this table the global Product Code masterdata can be stored; this is used to auto-populate some of the product code data fields.
- There are many tables in the system which are used to manage the SMT environment. Once set-up, most of the tables do not require maintenance.